Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M1 car boot find

Article about: Hi picked this up today at a car boot sale, I pretty sure it's a ww2 shell going by the rear seam , the heat stamp number is 326A. The liner is Westinghouse and I'm sure is also WW2. Any tho

?

Default M1 car boot find

Hi picked this up today at a car boot sale, I pretty sure it's a ww2 shell going by the rear seam , the heat stamp number is 326A. The liner is Westinghouse and I'm sure is also WW2. Any thoughts on this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 car boot find   M1 car boot find  

M1 car boot find   M1 car boot find  

M1 car boot find   M1 car boot find  

It has the 98th Infantry Division emblem on it.

?

Has this one on the other side I forgot to include with the others
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 car boot find  

WW2 shell and Korean Capac Liner both have typical 50's repaints.!chinstraps are 60' made.!

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    WW2 shell and Korean Capac Liner both have typical 50's repaints.!chinstraps are 60' made.!
    Indeed, it shows the normal signs of 20+ years of service and upgrades. With these chinstraps you could add a mid-'60's dated Mitchell pattern cover in matching condition for a typical Vietnam helmet.

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Indeed, it shows the normal signs of 20+ years of service and upgrades. With these chinstraps you could add a mid-'60's dated Mitchell pattern cover in matching condition for a typical Vietnam helmet.
    Indeed M1 parts were constantly replaced and updated through decades of service life.if repaints ain't your thing whack a Mitch on like MB said.!

?

Cheers guys for the feed back, I thought the liner was a ww2 Westinghouse as it has a W makers mark and the front eyelet vent , I have a Westinghouse/capac liner on another helmet and the makers maker is different.

The Capac is faint.!Westinghouse contracts extended from 1942-1969.!

?

Hoping it may have been at least Korean War . But wrong chin straps , ill sling it on flea bay.