Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Chinstraps

Article about: I'm not sure if this is a joke, but I was looking for some replacement chinstraps and I came across this from a Canadian dealer offering them for sale, and I quote: This is genuine military

?

Default M1 Chinstraps

I'm not sure if this is a joke, but I was looking for some replacement chinstraps and I came across this
    from a Canadian dealer offering them for sale, and I quote:

This is genuine military surplus. We received 500+ US M1 helmet metal shells in the factory cartons and we are recovering the chin straps off of them to offer on eBay.

The strap sold here is the one that was designed in 1943 and in use from 1944 onwards until replaced by the newer style straps that have the snap closure. The helmet straps here were manufactured before 1970.

Condition: Each chin strap is brand new. The helmet shells are brand new (never used, unpacked, or issued) and in the factory cases of 20, so the strap is new also. Having sat in storage for many years you can see a tiny bit of dust on the odd one. Since the helmets were stacked on top of one another the canvas strap will possibly show a bit of storage wear (shifting). These are not the cheap painted black reproductions, they are the real deal.
    In order to remove from the helmet shell we cut the helmet's bale wire. We leave the partial bail wire inside the clasp assembly so that you can see how it mounts, as well as to show genuineness. Some of the straps have a tiny anchor stamp on the metal fittings from certain manufacturers.

It is a joke of course......................................?

Link:

M1 HELMET CHIN STRAP - GENUINE - (WW2 KOREA VIETNAM) - NEW | eBay

Andy

?

Default Re: M1 Chinstraps

no joke im afraid mate he's been doing that for a while now & ruined countless numbers of mint M-1's
    Last edited by NickD; 02-27-2013 at 09:55 PM.

How the world turns,this is the guy who had the un-used Parish shells in a box in mint condition dated Dsa 1970,but i didn't know they chopped the bales to get the chinstraps off what a cock,i mean crook,stupidity at its worst.......Jake.

I haven't bought any of these straps, but I have bought countless other items from him. Good seller...all I can say. I even bought some of these shells that he hacked the straps off for some of my metalworking projects. These are the late style shells that were made in Canada...the ones that liners never seem to fit properly.

It's all about the money, I contacted him to see if he had any original ww2 straps and he said he sold them all. He probably cut them loose too.