Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmet

Article about: Well it arrived a few days ago but been working nights and not had the energy to post it up till now. I don't much about these particular types of M1 but will try my best and if I make a mis

Default M1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmet

Well it arrived a few days ago but been working nights and not had the energy to post it up till now. I don't know much about these particular types of M1 but will try my best and if I make a mistake or miss anything Jake will be on it like a boss
    It is a swivel bale rear seam helmet. It comes with the white chinstraps associated with these lids and pretty rare from what I am led to believe. The helmet has a heat stamp number of 1 3206 and this is associated with Ingersol who were awarded contracts in 1966 and 1967 and shortly after went out of the helmet making business. The liner has a manufacture date of 6 JUNE 66 and US government stamp in the crown. The make I believe to be Marmac industries as the liner suspension has a black ink stamp number of 34 which was only done by Marmac on their liners. My questions on this liner is it original to the helmet? Would the parade helmet liners have been painted white? There is very little information on these types of helmet so any help will be appreciated
    Thanks for looking guysM1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmetM1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmetM1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmetM1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmetM1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmetM1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmetM1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmetM1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmetM1 chrome, parade/honour guard helmet
    Last edited by Redstalker; 03-15-2016 at 11:17 PM.

I'm like you Ian,so little is really known about these,when did they start chroming?postwar maybe?when postwar?were all fitted with white leather chinstrap?should the liner be white,my wasn't either so maybe not all shells from ww2 upwards have been chromed,nice set to have to hand mate well done,chrome isn't rare but the chinstrap is,so in my book its a result.

Thanks Jake