Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!

Article about: Hi Guys. Heres my latest M1, another bay purchase. It's a bit of an unusual one, here's what I do know about it so far............... It's a Front seam,swivel loop, heat stamped 121A,with so

Default M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!

Hi Guys.

Heres my latest M1, another bay purchase.

It's a bit of an unusual one, here's what I do know about it so far...............

It's a Front seam,swivel loop, heat stamped 121A,with some evidence of being a Fixed loop in a previous incarnation.

Apart from this the rest is "Unusual" ( Non-US), here's the mystery side of things......

The shell chinstraps. ?????????

The liner leather piece??????????

The liner has a Nylon webbing chinstrap,unusual fixings?????????

The liner is non US marked e.g. WSII or SWII, and 73,with OD 7 HBT, but looks KW issue apart from the manafacturers markings.?????????

Any I.D. with this one ,would be, greatly appreciated as ever.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!   M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!  

M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!   M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!  

M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!   M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!  

Default re: M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!

hello, it's a Spanish Marines M1

they used surplus US M1's and modified them for the Spanish military

SPANISH M65 “INFANTERIA DE MARINA”

Spanish helmet shaped after the US M1 but a different and more complex liner straps web and chinstrap.

http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=es&tl=en

look at the Spanish Marine M1 and you will see a helmet with the same chin cup on your helmet

http://www.webalice.it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!  
    Last edited by battle gear; 05-16-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Quote by battle gear View Post
    hello, it's a Spanish Marines M1

they used surplus US M1's and modified them for the Spanish military

SPANISH M65 “INFANTERIA DE MARINA”

Spanish helmet shaped after the US M1 but a different and more complex liner straps web and chinstrap.

Google Translate

look at the Spanish Marine M1 and you will see a helmet with the same chin cup on your helmet

http://www.webalice.it
    Aha,brilliant piece of detective work, thanks a lot Mate, this solves this mystery, I was not aware the Spanish, used US M1's in this guise, and this one was a lot cheaper,than Nukes Spanish Marine lid, so thanks again ,your the man

Hi, Gaz, i know this is a diferent subject, but i found this the other day, since you are the M1 man, tell me what you think.
    Thanks
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!   M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!  

M1 of European destination-Help needed to I.D it!!  

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi, Gaz, i know this is a diferent subject, but i found this the other day, since you are the M1 man, tell me what you think.
    Thanks
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Hi Nuno,

Sorry about the delay,in my response, but what you got there is an Iraqi M80, these are actually made in South Korea,and are exported to whoever want's 'em.

I own one of these too, great Desert storm collectables, if you look into the lid,you might see ( all be it faint) a triangle on the webbing.
    This triangle is the Iraqi Army property mark,and sometimes there will be the owners name scrawled in pen,which will be in Arabic.

Great lid