Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Falklands

Article about: Hi, Here i have a Argentinian M1 helmet, falklands issue 1982, The strange thing about this one ( which won't show in the pictures) is the liner which is a US 60's one, is well misshapen , i

Thumbs up M1 Falklands

Hi,

Here i have a Argentinian M1 helmet, falklands issue 1982,

The strange thing about this one ( which won't show in the pictures) is the liner which is a US 60's one, is well misshapen , i guess a reject which was no good for Gi issue. ( any info on this aspect greatly appreciated) Again in the picture probably hard to tell, but it a blue/black colour .... Navy issue???

It is named inside... David Obredow or Obredu with Randa R I S underneath the name.

Watch this space more to come.... just taken delivery of a German M42 ... Oh i love presents....
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Falklands   M1 Falklands  

Default Re: M1 Falklands

Hello Gaz, how are you ? I've found some pics of this helmet on another post, anyway I will tell you again, concerning the marks inside, this belonged to a 1st Sargent of the Infantry Regiment 5 ( RI 5 ), the other word ( BANDA ) means he was a played on regiment's music band.
    Unfortunatelly, there is no veteran of that regiment with that name on veteran list. Anyway, I will try to find more information about it. Cheers.