Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

m1 fiber liner

Article about: hello I have just picked up this liner and I just have a question if anyone could help me is the liner in this helmet a general made fibre liner or Hawley made fibre liner. I don't like taki

Default m1 fiber liner

hello I have just picked up this liner and I just have a question if anyone could help me is the liner in this helmet a general made fibre liner or Hawley made fibre liner. I don't like taking it of the helmet. but just thought I would do it this time to get some information. thanks mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1 fiber liner   m1 fiber liner  

m1 fiber liner   m1 fiber liner  

m1 fiber liner   m1 fiber liner  

m1 fiber liner  

Hi geelong you have a Hawley liner unless you can find a letter G ink stamp but it is a model that was manufactured late 1942 before the composite models took over. If it were an earlier model it would have the white rayon suspension with rectangular steel washers. The leather chin strap is also detachable which wasn't possible on the first models and also the leather headband is the crocodile clip type rather than the snap in headband of early models. Very nice and pretty rare liner thanks for showing .

Hi geelong this is what you need to look for on a Genral Fibre liners and they are super rare as only 120,000 were made compared to 3,997,000 Hawley liners.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1 fiber liner  

thank you redstalker for your comments and yea I was unable to find a G stamp but was just a bit confused about what ink stamp was used by both company's that made these liner.

so the Hawley liner also has the same ink stamp but just with out the G ?

Quote by geelong View Post
    so the Hawley liner also has the same ink stamp but just with out the G ?
    Yes Mark that is correct.nice Fibre Liner BTW.