Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M1 fixed bail front seam with strange liner

Article about: Hello guys, Next to collecting german helmets I decided to begin collecting american M1 helmets. I have one so far. Nice frontseam swivel bail with heatstamp well below number 1.000 coming w

Default M1 fixed bail front seam with strange liner

Hello guys,

Next to collecting german helmets I decided to begin collecting american M1 helmets. I have one so far. Nice frontseam swivel bail with heatstamp well below number 1.000 coming with a nice net and Firestone liner.

Today however something arrived by post. I bought it for 20 euros including shipment. I can see it is a good frontseam fixed bail. the paint has let go of the rim as I believe it should. However it is in rough condition. The heatstamp is there But hardly readable. The cork has almost totally gone. But I believe it to be Original. But what about the liner?

Any thoughts? I must say I think it is post war. Maybe Dutch or Belgian? I live in Holland so it is very possible. The marking N is one I never heard off. And can't find anything on it online. Probably post war, but for 20 euros it is not bad to get an Original shell right? Being it in bad shape

Thanks for any thoughts!

M1 fixed bail front seam with strange linerM1 fixed bail front seam with strange linerM1 fixed bail front seam with strange linerM1 fixed bail front seam with strange linerM1 fixed bail front seam with strange linerM1 fixed bail front seam with strange linerM1 fixed bail front seam with strange linerM1 fixed bail front seam with strange liner

?

Hi! I would say for €20 on a front seam fixed bale you got a nice bargain :). I too have a liner very similar to this that I am also interested in finding the origins of. I suspect it to have been manufactured in the Netherlands based on the fact that Belgian liners (in my experience) have a different shade of brown fibre material and are usually stamped with Cogeb ABL in the crown.

here are some pics of mine for anyone who might be able to help out :)

M1 fixed bail front seam with strange linerM1 fixed bail front seam with strange liner