Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam

Article about: The hunt continues for a good M1 WW2 helmet. I came across this today and was hoping to get some feedback on if this is 100% WW2 original, and a good helmet to pick up. It has an oak leaf ma

JMO Going by the pictures I would say that the helmet looks original but has had a repaint at some point, don't know nothing about the decal or net, I like the way the paint on the crown of the helmet has worn away due to it being sat upside down a lot in its life, this means the net has been a later addition to me.
    The liner looks like a nice late war westy with its original paint, don't know about the chin strap without better pictures.
    I have read somewhere that transfers were being used from the fifties, perhaps that's when the helmet has had a recoat.
    How much was he wanting for it.

regards
    Rod

He's started at $350 over at WAF, and is down to $250 now. I guess others have made the same appraisal of it, or it would have sold. Ruddersrangers44 tipped me off to a nice all original fixed bale, front seam that I have ordered in. So, I've acquired my helmet! Pictures to come once in! Thanks Ruddersrangers44 for the tip. I appreciate it, and know you were considering it for yourself when you let me know about it.
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

Quote by avenger View Post
    He's started at $350 over at WAF, and is down to $250 now. I guess others have made the same appraisal of it, or it would have sold. Ruddersrangers44 tipped me off to a nice all original fixed bale, front seam that I have ordered in. So, I've acquired my helmet! Pictures to come once in! Thanks Ruddersrangers44 for the tip. I appreciate it, and know you were considering it for yourself when you let me know about it.
    That was nice jake, look forward to seeing it, I had a quick look last night for you on American ebay buy it now but nothing jumped out.
    They still seem to be holding there value.
    all the best Rod

Glad I was able to help out Scott,I think the example you've snagged is a great looking conditioned set thats seen very little field service life,it certainly rates up there with the good one's still left floating about.can't wait for the pictures.well done...........
    With Regards Jake.

I would think the Lt. Colonel insignia is 1950s era.
    As for a good WWII helmet there are plenty on eBay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12