Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam

Article about: The hunt continues for a good M1 WW2 helmet. I came across this today and was hoping to get some feedback on if this is 100% WW2 original, and a good helmet to pick up. It has an oak leaf ma

Default M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam

The hunt continues for a good M1 WW2 helmet. I came across this today and was hoping to get some feedback on if this is 100% WW2 original, and a good helmet to pick up. It has an oak leaf major decal, but I don't know if that's period or not. I'm not concerned with it if perhaps it can be removed, and everything else is period. But, the chin straps (leather and bale straps) have fooled me in the past, so I'm curious about those in particular. Otherwise, I "think" the shell is good, as is the liner correct.

Thanks for your opinions and expertise folks!

M1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front SeamM1 Fixed Bale Front Seam

The pics could be better,do you happen to know the Heat stamp number?that would help a little.............

FYI-The helmet has a Leutenant Colonel's Rank-a Major's Rank would be gold colored.

Thanks guys. The seller tells me he can't find the heat stamp. Is the insignia even original?

Well i try not to scrutinize items too much,however if your main concern is the insignia then i would buy elsewhere there are some points i'm not happy with,but this might just be down to the pics i'm working from,but I have some grave concerns regarding this Helmet set,thats why the heatstamp would help alot,without it I wouldn't move to buy this but instead look for another,there's plenty about still.

That's wise advice. I'm going to pass on it. Eventually I'll find my helmet.

Really, I would have preferred if the insignia weren't on it at all. I'm just looking for a good condition, front seam, fixed bale, complete and 100% WW2, run of the mill ground troop helmet. One will turn up eventually!

Thanks guys. Scott

All down to cost Scott at the end of the day and how much your willing to splash out,I know of a nice original wartiem factory set for sale if your interested.............

I've been hoping to keep it no more than $350. I imagine that may not be much, but I'm not really looking for anything fancy. Just not beat all up, and all original.

- - ------- - -

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Hi greatwhite. Nice helmet, but a bit out of my range right now.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Thats a bit pricey Steve just for that insignia not even on the Liner plus its a late war type but the shell is a very nice condition first production run McCord but still way too much in my opinion.............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast