Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet

Article about: I have just purchased an M1 helmet shell on eBay for \\$39.00. It is a schlueter, with it's original chinstraps, it is a front seam. The helmet did not one yet, and I was woundering because I

Default M1 helmet

I have just purchased an M1 helmet shell on eBay for $39.00. It is a schlueter, with it's original chinstraps, it is a front seam. The helmet did not one yet, and I was woundering because I have a Vietnam liner, will it fit ? I also have a Belgian post war liner will that fit ? The Belgian liner is identical to the ww2 one, it even as the little eylet whole. The only difference is it has a green susspention instead of tan, this leads to my other question in ww2 did any hlmet liner manufactures make any liner with a green susspention at all ?
    Thank you, Dominick Consolazio

Default Re: M1 helmet

yes , a Vietnam liner will easily fit a WWII shell, during the Vietnam war they used a lot of WWII era shells with new liners

During WWII they only used the khaki webbing, but during Korea they made them with green webbing

so you could use the Belgian liner and it will look like a Korean war era used helmet