Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

m1 helmet

Article about: Hello, just received this helmet in the post today, disapointed to see that its a Belgian m51 clone and not a US WW2 helmet as stated by the seller. Would fellow members be good enough to co

Default m1 helmet

Hello, just received this helmet in the post today, disapointed to see that its a Belgian m51 clone and not a US WW2 helmet as stated by the seller. Would fellow members be good enough to confirm my identification to help me get a refund? It is rear seam and unmarked. Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1 helmet   m1 helmet  

m1 helmet   m1 helmet  

?

Hi Doug, 100% it's a Belgian M1 Clone, sorry to hear you got stung on this one, I would definitely contact the seller and ask for a refund.

The left hand side of the shell has a clear imprint of where the Belgian tricolour flag was originally attached.

Your not alone Doug,I ended up with 2 of these in the early days,live and learn,comes with the territory,good luck with trying to get a refund......

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Your not alone Doug,I ended up with 2 of these in the early days,live and learn,comes with the territory,good luck with trying to get a refund......
    When I first started out I purchased 6 "USm1's" for $300 which 5 turned out to Dutch Clones! Was a private sale, so no protection - Kicked myself for ages for my stupidity and lack of prior research! If this Belgium M1 was purchased on Ebay, the threat of bad feedback may ensure a refund! Best Luck Doug.

Regards,
    Chris

Yep. Paint inside and remnants of a tricolour indicate
    a Belgian lid - no question.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the confirmation guys. The seller is not refunding but ebay has intervened to say they will- so I am expecting to get a full refund shortly. I'm now looking at this one on ebay, obviously its dented at the top and the photos are inadequate but it is a front seam helmet with a heat stamping. Does it seem likely from these pictures that the paintwork is WW2? Help is really appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1 helmet   m1 helmet  

m1 helmet   m1 helmet  

m1 helmet  

Hi Doug it would be literally impossible to say for sure either way.when any Helmet has been repainted unless it comes from a vet with provanance otherwise your guess is as good as mine,usually darker green paint with some sort of a glare usually means Korea,however i have seen wartime Helmets painted in vehicle paint,sorry i cant be of more help.............

personally not worth what they want for it. swivel bale/one chin strap/no liner/ repainted at some point/ dent.
    take the found in France story with a pinch of salt.
    no need to rush something better will come up.
    hope this helps
    Rod

Ok, thanks for that guys.

Hello Douglas,

add this seller to your favourites list because sometimes he has decent lids that sell very cheaply, despite having to pay international postage on top. He was initially recommended to me by a few of the lads on here, good luck!

sndengineer97 | eBay

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast