Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

m1 helmet that costs a fortune!

Article about: i know, im going to send the bloke a message asking if i can take it for 120 AUS

Default m1 helmet that costs a fortune!

hey, there is this helmet that has been on ebay Australia for about 3 months, and hasn't changed in price what so ever, it costs 300$ Aus and it is front seam and looks to be westinghouse liner, with the the nape strap, head band and leather chin strap not included, the link to the item is here Genuine US Army WW2 M1 Helmet 1944 posably - eBay United States, 1939 - 1945 WWII, Militaria, Collectables. (end time 04-Oct-10 21:42:59 AEDST)

Default Re: m1 helmet that costs a fortune!

so anyone know why it is so expensive? and is it worth it?

It a little much to me. US helmets in America go for $100 to $150 for that condition. Most i ever saw a US helmet for was $250 (US dollar). Most i spend on helmets is from $120 to $85, some times i can get them cheaper.

I don't know what it like for US helmets in AUS. most of the US gear in America is rather not to rare to find. Like 50% places i go to, i can find dress uniforms. and it like 75% of the time i can find some type of US field gear.

(German stuff)
    At least for me, not going to a local German dealer, it a crab shoot. If you can find it. (In my opinion some of the German stuff is way to over price. Like German helmets)

true, but however, think of the rarity of this item, it is afterall front seam, they aare getting rarer to find throughout the world, and think of the location i am in and the age i am, i don't have paypal to pay for overseas stuff, and its Australia, we barely have any m1 helmets that weren't repainted for our own army.

and if you think 200$ a helemet is crazy, ive seen a 506th airbourne with decent decals and all the straps and headbands on it, it went for about 1grand.

That what is what i am saying US stuff is rare to find in AUS so it probably a bit more pricey. In US I can get a front seam with Orig paint with a little torn up liner for about $75-$85. $US
    Most i would pay for that helmet if it was in US, i would probably $150 maybe $175. (US dollar
    But then again i could buy a liner then a helmet, and pay $130 at most for helmet like that. (US dollar)

I don't know the AUS WW2 market. The way you been saying it, it sounds a little over price. (maybe it should be $225 or $250) AUS dollar)

true, i might ask my dad if he can log onto his ebay account, and ask the person if he can sell it to me for 200 AUS cause it has been there for like 3-4 months

There you go, bring down the price. It could be something a guy is will to drop the price. But it could be guy will stay firm on the price.
    what most you would pay for it?

well, i was majorly heartbroken when i waited 4 hours to of find out someone has put 1 more dollar than me in the final second of a korean war helmet, also in australia. so i guess ill ask my bad if i can get it for 150$, and if the guy chooses to bart ill go to 200 as a final

dad*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast