Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

M1 helmet, good pictures are a must

Article about: I found it. Liner is from Netherlands M53

Default Re: M1 helmet, good pictures are a must

The only thing i am not sure of is that major tom said the swivel bail pot can go for $50-100 but on ebay there are a bunch like this one in good condition that are at the lower end of that appraisal and dont get sold. Seems like swivel bails arent bought as much as the fixed bales which everyone turns their focus too. Everything else i agree

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    I must admit that's strange that the second liner says "Us" and looks like it was made in October 1990. it is a clone though.
    Rod
    if you go here Google Translate look at the Netherlands section scroll down you'll see that liner maker mark

Heinrich Ulbrichts Witwe
    M1 helmet, good pictures are a must

Im not familiar with this liner at all, atleast not recognizable to me, I haven't seen any of these clones around here anyway. Intriguing I must say. Are the Clones purposely made for service or a reproduction for the market??

Quote by patches3 View Post
    The only thing i am not sure of is that major tom said the swivel bail pot can go for $50-100 but on ebay there are a bunch like this one in good condition that are at the lower end of that appraisal and dont get sold. Seems like swivel bails arent bought as much as the fixed bales which everyone turns their focus too. Everything else i agree
    Here in the U.S are market for collectibles depends a lot on where you live in the States believe it or not, for example if you live on the Eastcoast of the U.S your WWII, civilwar and rev-war collectibles are more readily available and are usually cheaper higher demand, here on the Westcoast (Pacific NW) the prices are much higher usually cause not a lot of people here collect this hobby (a lot of liberals) and demand is low and for some odd reason the prices are high cause retailers think there one of a kind. Its alittle strange with this market here.

That makes sense, i live in new york.

Quote by Major Tom View Post
    Im not familiar with this liner at all, atleast not recognizable to me, I haven't seen any of these clones around here anyway. Intriguing I must say. Are the Clones purposely made for service or a reproduction for the market??
    Clone liners, were made by many countries. Denmark, Holland, Austria and Germany (among others) made each their own clone shells and / or liners.
    Liners tend to last for a shorter time than the shell itself, and some clone shells had their liners mixed with WWII liners, and the other way around when put into storage.

Clone liners, like clone shells, are made for the armed forces and not as a reproduction for the market.

EDIT: The company still makes helmets: Helmets - Ulbrichts Witwe GmbH

That makes sense, i live in new york.
    I visited NewYork, Virginia, I really like upper Newyork Beautiful!!. I bought a 12pound civilwar cannon ball for $90 there, here in Washington that thing would be $250 300 crazy! I spent a lot of time and training on the Eastcoast while in the Marines. God bless NYPD, FDNY.

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    Clone liners, were made by many countries. Denmark, Holland, Austria and Germany (among others) made each their own clone shell and / or liners.
    Liners tend to last for a shorter time than the shell itself, and some clone shells had their liners mixed with WWII liners, and the other way around when put into storage.

Clone liners, like clone shells, are made for the armed forces and not as a reproduction for the market.
    Understood. So they are considered head gear with the same fundamental design and operations as our liners. I would like to collect a European M1 shell with a clone liner then. That is very good to know. Thankyou 37Webbing.

Quote by Major Tom View Post
    I visited NewYork, Virginia, I really like upper Newyork Beautiful!!. I bought a 12pound civilwar cannon ball for $90 there, here in Washington that thing would be $250 300 crazy! I spent a lot of time and training on the Eastcoast while in the Marines. God bless NYPD, FDNY.
    Where did you get the cannon ball? We are heading up to the adirondack region where we have a lake house. It is beautiful.

Where did you get the cannon ball? We are heading up to the adirondack region where we have a lake house. It is beautiful.
    A place called international military antiques? they sell on line and have a store that guy has repro stuff and a lot of original stuff, Its actually in NewJersey my Aunt and Uncle lives in Hillview I think that is what its called, we just visited there and checked out some of the sites with him and my Aunt, Told me about this military shop im assuming its the same shop, what alot of stuff!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast