Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet headband id

Article about: Trying to figure out an approximate year this headband was made. It has stamped; DSA-100-233 then under it 8415-153-6671 which I know is the NSN. But how do you decipher the year on the DSA

?

Default M1 helmet headband id

Trying to figure out an approximate year this headband was made. It has stamped; DSA-100-233 then under it 8415-153-6671 which I know is the NSN. But how do you decipher the year on the DSA stamp because i'm used to the 2 digit year format of others I have such as 60, and 72 for the years 1960 and 1972 on other headbands. On top it is stamped, Head Band Liner. Thanks.

Impossible to pin point accuracy,however with some detective work by way of process of emilination you can narrow it down................

?

I tried narrowing it down on Google, but it appears to be from 1964 to 1966 as the years that DSA number was used.

Well that sounds very close indeed.unlike the DSA stampings on Mitchell covers with Headbands the year was added usually but not always from around the 1966 period.Headbands from the 50's were usually always Dated.............

?

Funny how those particular years they failed to mark the date, were they running out of ink then?

?

Funny on the NSN there is not the 2 digit code for the Country that made it, it should come after the first 4 digit group of numbers

Dean O