Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

M1 Helmet Help

Article about: by Walkwolf The chinstrap is a repro, IMO. Looks like a Norwegian chinstrap from the 60s Best regards from Norway

Default M1 Helmet Help

us m1 veitnam era | Trade Me

i brought this just a few days ago im going to revive it tomorrow and was wondering ,is it a good buy ? also what year would you say it is or around what time or what decade ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet Help   M1 Helmet Help  

M1 Helmet Help   M1 Helmet Help  

Default Re: M1 Helmet Help

Could be a refurbed swivel bail shell from WWII, Korea, or the late 50's.

Nick.........?

The chinstrap is a repro, IMO.
    Regards,

Steve.

other than that any other info you could help me out with ? what year ,also i brought for 80 NZD thats like 40 bucks canada was that a good buy ?

$40 CDN - a pretty good buy.

We'll have to see the markings at the bottom of the liner, and there is
    a sequence of numbers along the inner front rim.........
    Regards,

Steve.

thanks for the help steve, i will not get it till tomorrow so a few hours for you i suppose ,will post better pictures when i revive it .what about the liner is that Vietnam ?

receive it *

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    $40 CDN - a pretty good buy.

We'll have to see the markings at the bottom of the liner, and there is
    a sequence of numbers along the inner front rim.........
    so is it a Korean shell ? also that liner chinstrap why is it orange shouldn't it be brown ? PS im 16 and dont know much haha

?

ive just put an answer in the other thread about this if its possible for you to add better pics that would help

i will be able to we i get it hopefully tomorrow and will have better pics up

?

The helmet appears to have the edge seam in the back which would make it post-WWII. The liner is also post-WWII, but pre-1956, because WWII liners have a small grommet hole in the front for attaching screwback insignia. They also had green painted webbing hardware, not black. The leather chin strap is an after market knock-off, not stitched correctly, and the wrong color. The helmet chin strap is a later 1950 version until the kevlar helmet. The helmet cover is from the 1960s to about 1980 when the woodland pattern was adopted. The black elastic band is just wrong and not G.I.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast