Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

m1 helmet liner

Article about: i brought a helmet liner today made by firestone it has the F inside the liner was wondering what year firestone made these liners ? cheers

Default m1 helmet liner

i brought a helmet liner today made by firestone it has the F inside the liner was wondering what year firestone made these liners ? cheers

Default Re: m1 helmet liner

Firestone Tire and Rubber Company statred making M1 helmet liners in September 1942. They produced approximately 7,500,000 and production ceased in August 1945.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ok so they never made any in the 1950's ? cause this looks like the 1950's style liners inside with the orange band

Not that I am aware of? But I don't collect post war items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

oh thats interesting .it has the dark green suspension inside of it also .Google Image Result for http://www.askahain.de/vietnam/vn-database-mirror/USarmy/LinerT1.jpg it looks like that helmet in the long link there .sorry i dont have a picture on me at the moment .perhaps it was refurbished for the korean war ?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    ok so they never made any in the 1950's ? cause this looks like the 1950's style liners inside with the orange band
    Normaly no

thanks well im thinking it got re webbed in the 50's then .thanks !

No front eyelet,which means if the same as the link its a p55 liner with 100%cotton not HBT contracted by FIRESTONE in 62/63 these were the first contracts awarded to them postwar!!!!!all the best Dave AKA Minnie.

yep minnie you are correct it was made in 62 i checked the stamp again and below the F is a 62 which must be the date .thanks for your help everyone !