Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period???

Article about: Dear all, I have this M1 helmet in my collection. Unfortunately I cannot read the four numbers on the steel helmet, just "5" and "8". The liner is CAPAC and the nape stri

Default M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period???

Dear all,

I have this M1 helmet in my collection.

Unfortunately I cannot read the four numbers on the steel helmet, just "5" and "8".

The liner is CAPAC and the nape stripe is marked "1945". It has not been painted at all!

This shell seems to have its original OD paint, I cannot see any trace of another kind of paint on it.

My doubt is whether this helmet and this liner could be a real WWII period instead of any post war version.

Could you, please, help me on this?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Alex.

M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period??? M1 Helmet + liner CAPAC - WWII period???

I see no problem with this one.

?

I am by no means am an expert, and am no where near as knowledgeable on m1's as Rene, but I think that it looks ok, I will add that if you really want to, you can replace the busted chinstrap in the liner with a un-busted one.

Looks like a nice, original late WW2 helmet. You could try to rub the stampings with some chalk or talcum powder, maybe that will bring them up enough to be readable.

Dear René, Ethan and Earlymb,

Thanks a lot for your quick help!!!

It's a front seam shell so it is definately wartime, nice ensemble.

Front seam if you wear it backwards

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Definitely a rear seem shell, could well be a late war set-up as the liner straps are khaki tan, but the boys above know these much better than I. Leon.

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Lol, you're right, I didn't double click the photo to look at it closer, Mia Culpa!

Nice clean helmet.
    Robert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast