Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet Liner Help(ID)

Article about: I recently purchased a much needed M1 helmet liner for a Vietnam shell thinking it was American. I got it for a rather good price at a show(around \\$20) so I'm not too worried if it's not. Th

M1CAustin
    ?

Default M1 Helmet Liner Help(ID)

I recently purchased a much needed M1 helmet liner for a Vietnam shell thinking it was American. I got it for a rather good price at a show(around $20) so I'm not too worried if it's not. The liner uses slightly larger A-washer rivets than my 1950's Firestone liner and has no eyelet hole. It has a 6 or a 9 with that looks to be a large T beside a smaller T as the makers stamp. There are no markings on the webbing but the markings on the sweat band say...HEADBAND SOLDIER ST???(probably steel). Sorry I had to resort to posting but I couldn't find any information on the liner anywhere. Thanks!(sorry that the pictures are upside down)
    HELMET LINER ?M (CTM)
    10775 E-62 ????-153-6??

M1 Helmet Liner Help(ID)
    M1 Helmet Liner Help(ID)
    M1 Helmet Liner Help(ID)
    M1 Helmet Liner Help(ID)
    M1 Helmet Liner Help(ID)
    M1 Helmet Liner Help(ID)

Hi and welcome to the forum. 'Headband Soldier's Steel
    Helmet Liner'. It's perfect for a Vietnam era helmet...
    Regards,

Steve.

thats a very nice condition early Vietnam War era helmet liner called a Model 55 liner , probably dates back to around 1960 - 1963

original model or p55 liner from 55-63,liner has very light stamp but would be one of 4 contractors,great buy and fab condition with original factory olive drab paint,nice to see original period sweatband with it as these were usually replaced with later types,congrats

these P55 liners are not as common as the later issue Vietnam P64 type liner

hard to find them with nice webbing, they also made P55 paratrooper liners but those are kind of rare and hard to find

Yep just about right,used to own a 58 Westinghouse type ii but had been repainted so I sold it,and have only seen a handful from this period since so yes personally I do think these are quite rare.......