Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 helmet and liner identification?

Article about: by jumpingjank great info there AJ so those chinstraps with the anchor are nam and korean era ? i always wondered what era they are from I believe so. They are most certainly Vietnam era, I

?

Default re: M1 helmet and liner identification?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    great info there AJ so those chinstraps with the anchor are nam and korean era ? i always wondered what era they are from
    I believe so. They are most certainly Vietnam era, I am not 100% about Korean era though, there seems to be some debate. And they have absolutely nothing to do with the Navy, which many people think! :-)

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

cheers mate was wondering that answered a long time question of mine haha ,as for taking the band out no need to.most liners have a date and maker in the shell underneath the band .so for example one of mine have a "f" for firestone and the number 62 below it so i then know its a 1962 firestone liner .yours should have something like that there maybe .cheers "the spot is also below where all the fabric meets in the middle .hope i explained it right .cheers !

Nice to know your well andyGreat thread guys some neat info andy regarding the prefixes etc,nice lid by the way mate,regards Dave.

its a very nice lid indeed he has .cheers !

?

I just took another look at the top inside for more marks and found these. Did not see them the first time I looked. If these will date the liner that would be great. Thanks again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet and liner identification?   M1 helmet and liner identification?  

?

Looks like to me it reads US 125 W 11. Thanks

Hi the liner is non US produced im afraid,during the latter stages of the vietnam war when the "US" were preparing to pull out the "US" government suppied M1 shells and chinstraps only to the south vietnamese armies also they suppied the liner "molds"so they could produce there own liners.this is most certainly one of them I.M.H.O.regards Dave.

Westinghouse i believe but not sure how to date these ones sorry but someone else will be able to help on that part ! .cheers

did not know this ! so what country produced this liner ? cheers

ignore my last comment i misread what you said.is this a Vietnamese made liner ? cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast