Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet painted as Medic

Article about: So,a god friend of mine send me another one set of new M1 helmet from the Greek army stock. Now i have 2 of them and because i'm working as a paramedic i painted one medic. Here are the phot

Default M1 helmet painted as Medic

So,a god friend of mine send me another one set of new M1 helmet from the Greek army stock.
    Now i have 2 of them and because i'm working as a paramedic i painted one medic.
    Here are the photos.I'm waiting for the paint to dry completely and then i will try to age it a little.I was painted only the white circle with the red cross.The green is original.
    Your opinions?

George

Default Re: M1 helmet painted as Medic

looks good! how do you plan to age it?

I would scuff the helmet and make it look well used and also rub the paint around the edges and give it some wear, then I use sea water in a spray bottle and wet it all down then wrap it up for a few days inside a plastic bag and let it rust and darken the exposed metal surfaces for that aged patina effect.

when the shell has the desired amount of rusting I rinse it with fresh water to neutralize the corrossive effects.

Default Re: M1 helmet painted as Medic

I'm in thinking about what method to choose to age it.my latest addition is the para net.Look better and not too shinny with the net applied.