Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet pots X3

Article about: Hi, this is my latest buy, it was a bit of the gamble because I could not get photos of the stampings on the pots. But initially on the photos they looked like the true US M1 steel pots. Now

Default M1 helmet pots X3

Hi,

this is my latest buy, it was a bit of the gamble because I could not get photos of the stampings on the pots.
    But initially on the photos they looked like the true US M1 steel pots.

Now when I got them I have inspected them more carefully and I think I got good stuff. I determined the heat stamps on two of them and it shows that one of them is the Motor Wheel Co. and another the more interesting one is Schlueter! I was pretty nice suprised when I saw that S in it!
    But first clue was that I colud not find the seam in the back. Also it has slightly darker green shade then the other two.

My question is the third one, it has big numbers heat stamp. No additional letters like the pots I got from Ingersoll, and the numbers are so muh larger the the R.J. stampings one. Could you help me to determine the producer and year approximation for that one? I will post that pictures first. Also as you can see on the photo the heat stamp is above the ear.

Also I am pretty new in older M1 helmet types and I wolud like to know could the year of production be determined by the heat stamp considering that Schleuter produced them only form 1943.-1945.?

Here are the pictures:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet pots X3   M1 helmet pots X3  

M1 helmet pots X3   M1 helmet pots X3  

M1 helmet pots X3   M1 helmet pots X3  

M1 helmet pots X3  

The heat treatment number under the swivel loop is a Parish shell of the Dana corporation having been given 2 contracts 28th october 1968 and 8th august 1969.

Hello.

yes the Schlueter Shell is a rework out of the 1960s or later.

The Shell with the four-digit-number is a Product of the Parish Division of the Dana Corporation 1968 - 1970.

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge. It was very helpful. 🤝