Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

M1 helmet question.

Article about: Well most Euro clones had steel hinges as far as im aware,so maybe south american or far east like indonesia,only a guess its hard to work out when there's nothing to compare it with,even on

?

Default M1 helmet question.

I just received an M1 and was surprised to see that the rings on the swivel bales are made of brass and not stainless steel as others. I compared it to the other M1's I have and all but this one has stainless steel bales. I looked up any info on this but all states swivel bales were made of stainless steel. It appears to be of Korean War era, rear seam. Was there a particular era that brass was used? P.S. it does not stick to a magnet as others do.

?

Default Re: M1 helmet question.

pics would be good also is there a heat stamp number visible ??

?

No heat stamp number. I took as best I could on the pics. Look to the left of the bale loop and you can see the gold color of the brass from friction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet question.   M1 helmet question.  

M1 helmet question.   M1 helmet question.  

M1 helmet question.  

Euro-clone Im afraid,Will never ever find a US made lid with brass made bales,well not in our lifetime,of course I may be proven wrong but I very much doubt you will find any sort of heat stamp?.............Jake.

I usely only buy fixe bell ,just my test.
    The helmet posted need for pictures.But probably post -war.
    chris

?

i would have to euro clone but Ive been unable to find any that used brass for the chin strap loops ?

?

Hi Denfly
    try this link Top Pots - U.S. World War II Restored Airborne and Infantry Helmets they sell helmet but also have good info . M1 HELMET INFO AND M1 LINER INFO

Sometimes its easier to say what something is not rather than what something actually is.I was shown one of these before and could not identify it on that occasion either,and that too had no heat stamp................Jake.

?

Hey Jake
    Your right , from the pictures I can't tell if its a front seam ,rear seam the finish. if they are brass somebody did a nice job bending them . because they both match .
    the more information you have the better decision you can make .
    Bob

?

Again it's a rear seam. No heat stamp markings. Any idea what country manufactured these with brass chin strap loops?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast