Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 helmet with strange painted insignia

Article about: HI all, I need some help please? My last buy from flea market. M1 "Schlueter" schell, front seam, swivel bail with strange insignia. Any idea will be welcome

?

Default M1 helmet with strange painted insignia

HI all, I need some help please?

My last buy from flea market. M1 "Schlueter" schell, front seam, swivel bail with strange insignia.
    Any idea will be welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet with strange painted insignia   M1 helmet with strange painted insignia  

M1 helmet with strange painted insignia   M1 helmet with strange painted insignia  

im going to say that this helmet is from asia. its a 70s 80s repaint m1.

?

the white paint is beneath green paint. first goes black paint and then the 3 layers of green

images of the bales and chin strap would help to thanks.

?

chin strap ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet with strange painted insignia  

?

Maybe a Korean Reissue, I have seen some Korean helmets with the same style writing on them.

When I see that colour buckle a cheaper none US metal comes to mind as genuine US steel parts dont usually turn like this one has so possibly South American or Far Eastern issue.........

?

The writing is hangul script, the alphabet of the Korean language. It means "heon," and I think it's part of the full phrase '헌병' (heon-byeong), meaning 'military police.' They also act as border guards along the DMZ for South Korea.

?

By the way, I forgot to mention that I don't know whether or not the helmet was used for the RoK military police/border guards, or if it is indeed original, so I can't help in that regard.

?

thank you very much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast