Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet Swivel Bale

Article about: My Great Grandfather also brough back helmets from WWII. This is an M1 Helmet with rectangular swivel bales stamped: 85B and "21" MSA Liner This is not "his" helmet but I

Default M1 Helmet Swivel Bale

My Great Grandfather also brough back helmets from WWII.

This is an M1 Helmet with rectangular swivel bales stamped: 85B and "21" MSA Liner

This is not "his" helmet but It has a name on the inside that reads:
    Kenneth O Hudson
    ?? ?055840

Im not sure who he is but I am still looking into it, I am starting to think it could be a fake name. And unfortunetly time has chiped away most of his ID Number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet Swivel Bale   M1 Helmet Swivel Bale  

M1 Helmet Swivel Bale   M1 Helmet Swivel Bale  

?

Default Re: M1 Helmet Swivel Bale

nice helmet mate is it front or rear seemed ? pity the liner suspension straps are all but gone buy the way the line was made by International Molded Plastics, Inc

Manufactured in Pittsburgh, Pennslyvannia this "high pressure" manufactured M-1 helmet liner is identified by an embossed "MSA" in the crown. Mine Safety Appliance started M-1 helmet liner delivery to the US Army in September 1942. They produced approximately between 2,000,000 - 4,000,000 M-1 helmet liners and discontinued producton around August 17, 1945 when the war ended
    are there any numbers or letters pressed into the inside of the helmet it self ??

Thank you both,

It is a front seem helmet. The only stamp i see on the helmet is "85B" near the front lip. Which if I am not mistaken is a McCord stamp.

As for the liner, like i stated on my Luftshutz helmet, My grandfather used to play cowboys and indians ( Or Americans and Nazis in this case ) with his brother. So they were used a bit roughly, but i think for all he put it through its in good condition.

?

thats cool as you say for what it went through in the war & being used as a play toy as well its survived pretty well. the shell was more then likely made by McCord if it had an s stamped on it instead then it would be a SCHLUETER made shell

Nice helmet! Its cool that there is a name inside. - A real pice of WW2 History.

/Mick