MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

m1 helmet ww 2

Article about: Hi all need some help? Just picked up my first m1 ww2 helmet with liner and chin strap ?. Trying to find out weather, I got a good deal or the sucker award? The helmet liner has faint writin

Cool m1 helmet ww 2

Hi all need some help? Just picked up my first m1 ww2 helmet with liner and chin strap ?. Trying to find out weather, I got a good deal or the sucker award? The helmet liner has faint writing on the green out side strap of webbing on the right side.It looks like mar.8 1955?Also on the shell has white 17- and inside shell on top is stamped us 25. I paid $47.00

Default Re: m1 helmet ww 2

Also the steel pot seam is in the back!

March 8th 1955 is probably the production date, and of the seam is in the back it is probably a Post-War helmet, it would help if you could post some pictures.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

An post war helmet means? So did I get a good deal or not for $47.00? I've never bought a helmet before!

Rear seam helmets were common post ww2, but a very small number were used in ww2 if I am correct.

It would help if pictures were posted.

Based off of what you have said though, it is not a ww2 era helmet. I am not sure if what you paid for the helmet is a good deal or not.

Pre-War= Before the war. Post-War= After the war. 47 $ would be an OK price considering it is the first helmet you bought, but I wouldn't exactly call it a bargain. And as mentioned before, posting pictures would really help, but from you have said, it is pretty certain you have a Post-War helmet.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Rear seam helmets were made between november 1944 and august 1945 .So there's a slight chance it could be WWII used. Under the front brim of the steel pot there should be a heat stamp number. Look for it and post it and some pics of the helmet for better opinions.
    Last edited by Mountaineer; 12-20-2010 at 02:14 AM.

The only stamped number is in the inner top of liner which is us 25

The steel pot has no stamped number on inside of brim

?

pictures would help a whole lot but by the sounds of it you've got a post WW2 liner in a euro clone steel shell (euro clone meaning its was made post war by another country other then the US). alot of countries after the war adopted the same style helmet as the US M-1 making their own versions of it but to be sure we really need pictures !