Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Inland liner, evaluations please

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you how you evaluate this Inland liner please? I think it's authentic WW 2 isn't it? There is some rust but I think it's okay because it's an Inland (and it has his headb

Default M1 Inland liner, evaluations please

Dear all,

May I ask you how you evaluate this Inland liner please? I think it's authentic WW 2 isn't it? There is some rust but I think it's okay because it's an Inland (and it has his headband and nape strap). However from Germany it's difficult for me to evaluate if it is a good decision to get it. What are your opinions?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

A nice early inland liner with an early wire buckle headband. I've been watching this myself and was going to try and buy it but another nice lid came up instead

?

I think it is a nice one also. A good lid for any collection.

Yes its an Inland,yes its a lot more collectable than a Westy or Firestone,yes its a late 42 spec,but even with all this taken into account assuming it sells for a low end price then its fine but if the bidding sells high then its a complete waste of cash as the steel washers (all 9 of them) are rusted completely out and webbing is torn and yes its a Double wired sweatband,but the leather is shot away and will just shatter if any attempt to remove so personally i would pass and pay more for a much better example if and when one surfaces,only my opinion,at the end of the day its entirely down to you and if your happy then so be it.

Sorry if the above sounded harsh,all i'm saying is for the serious collector it is better to wait and pick up a better example for more money,the return will be more rewarding in years to come if you choose to sell.

Anyone here win it?

Nope didn't go for it just waiting for parade lid to turn up

£150 O'man what a silly price to sell for,again sorry but for that money you can get a 1st pattern Rayon Westy with rectangle washers with fixed chinstrap,know which one i would buy.

Hey Jake just seen the final price for the inland liner. That's a stupid price for a liner in that condition my early fixed bale M1 with MSA liner didn't cost that much even with the postage. Got a feeling though the person who bought this may try and convert to a para liner as from what I have read about M1C helmets majority of them had inland liners at D-Day. I hope I'm wrong though

Well i hope so too Ian,because they fetch around the £2000 mark and thats a fact,nearly all D looped Helmets generally carried a Hawley or Inland Airborne liner for operation Neptune,so you can see the attraction...............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast