Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Korean War helmet

Article about: It finally came through the post today and like a child I jumped up and down clapping my hands I have been after a Korean War marked M1 with the OD painted T1 set for a while now. It is stam

Default M1 Korean War helmet

It finally came through the post today and like a child I jumped up and down clapping my hands I have been after a Korean War marked M1 with the OD painted T1 set for a while now. It is stamped with The number M 151A (anyone know what date it is by this stamp?) and was manufactured by McCord between 1951 and 1958. It is painted with a lighter OD compared to the WW2 M1s and has the sand texture as opposed to the cork texture used during WW2. Now I picked this up on eBay as a buy it now for just under £20 the postage came to about £30 and then customs and parcel force took a bite of the pie for £17. Now I bought a ww2 westinghouse liner (surplus ww2 liners unfinished) which has been finished off by capac and dated 51-52 with the capac stamp (notice the 2 maker stamps in the pics). It has the early 1951-52 OD painted A washers and sweatband clips. Just missing an original period liner leather chin strap. Would love feedback on these two going together thanks for looking guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Korean War helmet   M1 Korean War helmet  

M1 Korean War helmet   M1 Korean War helmet  

Gotta luv KW sets Red,look great together,gonna be tough finding original leather chinstraps,no where near as common as ww2 variants,another great set for our viewing.

Yeah I'm starting to believe they don't exist

They do mate,however the later types get passed off as KW types,if not sure post up and i'll help you out.

Hi Jake. Went through my M1 collection checking the leather liner straps and found a lever on one of them that was much more rounder than the others. I've put 2 of these straps together for comparison on the pics (the rounder lever always the bottom one on the pics). They are both DOT straps but with some differences (both do not have the anchor symbol the bottom one has a pat number). Now I took pics of the Reynosa examples from his book and some screenshots from a helmet reference web site and the Reynosa example is showing a smooth curve and the website a more sharper curve (like the example I have). Here is the link for that website .: World War Helmets - Casque US M-1 Model 1951 :. it is in French so you may need to put it through Google translator. So would love your opinion on this mate because I'm more confused than ever now on these straps.

Here are the pics for comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Korean War helmet   M1 Korean War helmet