Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 liner

Article about: Hello guys, Way off my field here, but are this liner WW2? It's all i have Regards, Lars

?

Default M1 liner

Hello guys,

Way off my field here, but are this liner WW2? It's all i have

M1 liner

Regards, Lars

Default Re: M1 liner

Hi Lars,

Wait for Andy to reply... I think it's either a rare variant or a Euro Clone trying very hard to be WWII USGI M1 (all the parts are there... they just all look a little off). The chinstrap should be sewn on, not attached by rivets. The pieces of webbing that are held together by a string at the crown of the helmet are the wrong proportion. The ink stamp looks to be a crown over CF? That's not a marking you'll see in US helmet liners...

Here are some of my M1s for comparison:

M1 linerM1 linerM1 linerM1 liner

?

Thank you Joe. It's a Danish helmet, but the liner looks not like the normal M-48 liners. Maybe WW2 or very early post war liner.

Regards, Lars

Hmmm... idk, Lars. It doesn't look like it's made of compressed strips of duckcloth like most WWII vintage liners.

Are you asking if the liner is US that was re-webbed by the Danes? OR are you asking if it was a liner produced by the Danes during WWII?

?

Basically i am just asking what it is In my time in the army back in Denmark we used the M48, but not with this liner. This is not an army helmet but "civil defense". They also used German helmets. 28 of these German helmets just got sold under my nose yesterday. 27 Euro a piece!

Regards, Lars

Ohhh, wow!

I don't think the liner is American... but you never know! Just in case, I would say check the dome to look for the markings on M1 liner sticky:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...-makers-22988/

Just yesterday, Andy and I were discussing a helmet in my collection with what could be either a WWII Westinghouse liner that never had rivets for the leather chinstrap and was re-webbed for use during the Vietnam period OR, a liner made by Westinghouse during the 1960s that used the WWII style dome marking.

Hi Lars,

If its a fixed bale shell then I got one almost the same like yours, only difference is the CF stamp which isnt stamped at the webbing but directly at the liner.

I think these were used in the danish army and CF post war but prior to the introduction of the m48. Shells must have been US made but I dont know about the liner.

I will take a look at my lid again later in the evening.

Cheers, Mads

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Hello guys,

Way off my field here, but are this liner WW2? It's all i have

M1 liner

Regards, Lars
    the liner is not a US liner the whole thing is a post war euro clone.

?

Most likely Danish then Nick, but i have no idea if the we, Denmark made liners/helmets ourselves? I get the impression you did not read the thread but only the opening post

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast