Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1 medic helmet postwar

Article about: Normally postwar helmets aren't my cup of tea. However I must admit that I am still looking for a dead cheap and mint Iraqi helmet. However there are more helmets on my priority list. This e

Default M1 medic helmet postwar

Normally postwar helmets aren't my cup of tea. However I must admit that I am still looking for a dead cheap and mint Iraqi helmet. However there are more helmets on my priority list.
    This ebay offer came along and since wartime medics are unable to obtain without cleaning out the wallet this doesn't look bad either.
    Rear seem Swivel bale shell with markings of owner on the front. And for the icing on the cake. The liner is a ww2 Firestone repainted in white with red tape.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 medic helmet postwar   M1 medic helmet postwar  

M1 medic helmet postwar   M1 medic helmet postwar  

Default Re: M1 medic helmet postwar

Hi Mate.

She's a beauty, rear seam or not, and the liner is an absolute bonus, very collectable in my opinion.

I really like M1's that are unique, and have a "been there" look.

And this one fit's the bill, in my mind.

Thanks for sharing

keep em' comin'

On second glance, the steel shell looks, like a genuine untouched ( not depot re- painted) Korean issue M1, these are hard to come by , in this condition!!

GOOD ONE !!!!!

Hi, indeed, its really nice, i like it, great purchase.
    Hey gaz, have you seen how my M1 looks like after cleaning?
    Take a look at "the cleaning of an m1 helmet"
    Best regards
    Nuno

Thanks for the comments. The shell doesn't look repainted. Seems like this is a keeper

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    Thanks for the comments. The shell doesn't look repainted. Seems like this is a keeper
    Hi magic.

Yeah , this one's got the original finish,hang on to this one, KW lid's have just as much provenance as WW2 M1's.
    I've a minty complete KW lid, and would be reluctant to let it go.

?

Looks like a Vietnam era medic marking on the liner, not Korean. Still a very nice lid!

Thanks for your reply.
    Forgot to mention that the shell chinstrap has a ball- and- clevis release
    Couple of questions:
    - Was the WWII stock still that high around the Vietnam war that they were still using stocked material? (I know they were using refurbished shells and liners same as the Korean war)
    - Is it just the red tape that indicates Vietnam era?

Cheers,

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    Forgot to mention that the shell chinstrap has a ball- and- clevis release
    Couple of questions:
    - Was the WWII stock still that high around the Vietnam war that they were still using stocked material? (I know they were using refurbished shells and liners same as the Korean war)
    - Is it just the red tape that indicates Vietnam era?

Cheers,
    Hi, my magic Mate.

The T1 system( ball and clevis) would indicate KW especially if the metal hardware is painted khaki green,but conversely one way to tell if it's a VN issue T1 system, is an anchor,or the letter P,stamped onto the metal hardware.(At least this is my method)
    There is evidence, that the US were still using WW2 stock lids well into the Veitnam war, it's not unheard of ,to have a Fixed loop shell, with Korean war liner, with a Mitchell cover on.

I could'nt tell you about the medic red tape on your liner, Bugme is the man, when it comes to all things M1 medic, in fact I have learned a great deal from the "master" ( Bugme).

Hope this helps, and I'm sure this will spark more interest,and comments.

Cheers