Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Medic Shell

Article about: Hi guys. Just picked this one up on the cheap. Rear seam/swivel bale/sand finish. Seller says he picked it out of the garbage recently, along with some other shells and items. Not sure if th

Default M1 Medic Shell

Hi guys. Just picked this one up on the cheap. Rear seam/swivel bale/sand finish. Seller says he picked it out of the garbage recently, along with some other shells and items. Not sure if the markings are a correct but thought it looked cool.

No liner or straps, unfortunately. Thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Medic Shell   M1 Medic Shell  

M1 Medic Shell  

?

Default Re: M1 Medic Shell

Looks cool, though looking at the front of the helmet and comparing the wear on the OD paint and the red paint, the crosses were certainly added recently. I'm sure you can find a liner and replacement chinstraps easily enough.

Nitram

Hi,
    As said above the crosses are far to new to be original to the helmet, and they are usually in matt paint on white.
    Dave.

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Looks cool, though looking at the front of the helmet and comparing the wear on the OD paint and the red paint, the crosses were certainly added recently. I'm sure you can find a liner and replacement chinstraps easily enough.

Nitram
    I agree. Anyone have an orphan Vietnam era liner they're willing sell?

?

I'm not sure which country you're in, but if you're in the US then you should have no trouble finding one nearby locally. Otherwise check ebay, or garagesales.

Nitram