Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

m1 nape strap removal

Article about: hello, so this may be a stupid question but is there any easy way to seperate a nape strap from a ww2 liner? i have one i want to take off for another liner because its not original to the h

Default m1 nape strap removal

hello, so this may be a stupid question but is there any easy way to seperate a nape strap from a ww2 liner? i have one i want to take off for another liner because its not original to the helmet so no harm done but it is stuck and the webbing around it is starting to rip aand is fragile. does anyone have a solution to thios problem or may have encountered this themselves. i know this is odd but i thought it would be better to ask then break liner webbing. thanks

maybe use a small flat blade screwdriver - slip it in between the the snaps and gently rotate/twist the screwdriver using the snaps to take the pressure and not the webbing

i got it. i guess there is always an answer, thanks for the help

no worries

JBR
    ?

Put a piece of cloth around the blade first, to avoid scratches - or use a plastic knife or similar instead of a screwdriver. I have used the plastic cap from a ballpoint pen successfully for this purpose. Best Regards, John

I have done the same thing as reneblacky with the screwdriver.
    Works good because you are merely separating the metal.

another note--- maybe add/rub in some candle wax to the snaps for lubrication. Works for me any way