Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M1 nearly complete

Article about: Hi folks, About a year ago I posted a WWII lid in poor shape with a decent liner. Now I have put together a decent McCord shell with bar tacked chin strap and a MSA liner together. The liner

Default M1 nearly complete

Hi folks, About a year ago I posted a WWII lid in poor shape with a decent liner. Now I have put together a decent McCord shell with bar tacked chin strap and a MSA liner together. The liner has a replaced sweat band. I added an original camo net. Still need a liner chin strap but this looks a lot better than the old shell. NH

M1 nearly completeM1 nearly complete

Default Re: M1 nearly complete

The old, cracked and ugly shell.

M1 nearly complete

?

You repainted it?

Nitram, No, not a repaint. I replaced the crappy shell with a nice McCord. The old shell is up for grabs. It has three weld repairs, an ugly green coat of paint and post-war chin strap. This is the liner I posted last year with another shell. NH

Looking good!!! You have found a nice match there,they look as though they have always known each other! Leon.

Leon, Thanks! We have a great show here in Allentown - Forks of the Delaware at Ag Hall. You can locate parts for a reasonable cost to restore missing pieces on almost anything. NH