Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Paratrooper helmet with Marmac 1962 liner

Article about: Hi guys sorry I haven't been around for a few months have had family problems to deal with and all sorted now. I can get back to my passion of helmet collecting and displaying for the great

Default M1 Paratrooper helmet with Marmac 1962 liner

Hi guys sorry I haven't been around for a few months have had family problems to deal with and all sorted now. I can get back to my passion of helmet collecting and displaying for the great collectors here on warrelics
    I have recently managed to pick up a hard to come by Marmac Industries Inc (MII) paratrooper liner. This particular liner was manufactured in 1962 and is one of the 17,010 contract order for MII. In the same year Firestone were contracted to produce 12,810 units and this is one of the liners on my bucket list also
    The liner has the U.S. Government mold in mark, which shows that Marmac leased out a government mold and then during production added the MII mark to show it was one of their liners. During that time period there were up to 70 owned government molds in use. The headband has a 63 contract date and is missing the nape strap which I will be searching for a suitable replacement. It has the wire brass buckles on the A straps and has the U.S. ink stamp on the chin strap. Looking forward to your comments on this one guys and thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Paratrooper helmet with Marmac 1962 liner   M1 Paratrooper helmet with Marmac 1962 liner  

M1 Paratrooper helmet with Marmac 1962 liner   M1 Paratrooper helmet with Marmac 1962 liner  

M1 Paratrooper helmet with Marmac 1962 liner   M1 Paratrooper helmet with Marmac 1962 liner  

Very nice Ian,Marmac industries 1st government contract both in type 2 and Infantry Liners,this would be there only contract producing these p55 types,there next would be in 1964 making the nylon combat Liner,has the shell been discussed here before?quite rare liner indeed only seen a handful come up on the bay,very nice and good to here from you................

Hi Jake sorry for my absence on here. The liner I have had for about 3 weeks so never been discussed on here before and the steel helmet is a part of my collection and just put them together for show. I almost had a CMC liner the other day with a 61 stamp in it just missed out just trying to catch up on the forum posts and I have USMC helmet cover to show as well but it's not a ww2 one though

CMC 61 Liners are ultra rare,would luv an example as well.

Sorry to hear of your recent family problem's Ian but glad your back Very nice liner example and great pairing

Thanks James if your looking for any parts or accessories for your collection let me know mate