MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M1 question for the experts

Article about: This item is a part of a small collection of helmets that I acquired a while back. Not being an expert, I will be asking for help identifying a few others besides this one. On this M1, I’m w

wwii42gpw
    ?

Default M1 question for the experts

This item is a part of a small collection of helmets that I acquired a while back. Not being an expert, I will be asking for help identifying a few others besides this one.

On this M1, I’m wondering if this is an original untouched example or something the previous owner put together. The patch looks like it may have come from a jacket. The shell has a batch # of 10 6G. There is a “D. Sexton 707-A” penciled inside the shell.

The liner is a Firestone F2. The shell is a front seam. After a quick search online, I believe the name is Robert E. Miedel. I was unable to find out if he was in an Airborne unit.

Any comments appreciated.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 question for the experts   M1 question for the experts  

M1 question for the experts   M1 question for the experts  

?

Default Re: M1 question for the experts

hiya this is what i found on the name Robert E. Miedel but he wasent airborne ????

NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

the airborne pics have been add post war but the helmet it self looks to be WW2 era

not sure about the D sexton alot of people came up with that same name ???