Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is this m1 real

Article about: lol, i was the same same too, its a bit like love making bud take your time and you will get the results, I may put some pictures up step by step, the helmet that is.

lol, i was the same same too, its a bit like love making bud take your time and you will get the results,
    I may put some pictures up step by step, the helmet that is.

?

Hahaha Brilliant Steve, Look forward to it!

?

Hi Steve, IMHO I like it and yes it has it's faults which you are well aware of, but personally I would relish the idea of restoring it, and for £30 not too bad an investment, I am with you on the Schlueter theory too, so all in all a good project to get your teeth into

Cheers, am i also right in thinking Schlueter are quite rare, paid for it yesterday its finally coming back over the channel.

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Cheers, am i also right in thinking Schlueter are quite rare, paid for it yesterday its finally coming back over the channel.
    Hi Steve, during WW2 Schlueter only had 10% of production, compared with McCord dominating the remaining 90% of the contract to produce these models, I'm glad you bought it and I have bought many helmets from Europe and rarely been disappointed, I look forward to seeing updated pictures when it arrives,whilst removing the paint,hopefully you will find the elusive "S" near the heatstamp.

Regards,Opex.

?

Cheer's Opex, I never knew that! That makes me happy lol. My restored M1C is a pristine Schlueter shell. Cheers, Sean.

Thanks guys, Sean feel free to put up a picture if you wish, i will put some up when it arrives until you get them in your hands you dont know the extent of damage corrosion etc, fingers crossed it will not be to bad yes hopefully a nice S somewhere under the rim too.

?

Hi Steve, No problem I can post pics give me 5 mins, Only thing is if you want to see the S heat stamp specifically I am not sure I can accommodate unfortunately as when I put this lid back together after its repaint I really had to wedge the liner in place between the shell and the net just to get it to stay put, So I figure it will be a task to get it back out and in again lol. Anyway pics will be on momentarily! Cheers, Sean.

I'd pay £30 for it!....

?

Here is my M1C Originally I bought it from J Murray in the states. His restoration jobs are first class! Although I do prefer to do my own paint and texture so I repainted & textured it about a year ago, hope you like it! Cheer, Sean.

Is this m1 realIs this m1 realIs this m1 realIs this m1 realIs this m1 realIs this m1 real

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast