Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Schlueter WWII helmet

Article about: Here is an M1 Schlueter front seam swivel bail helmet. I believe it would date around late 1943 to 1944 due to the OD #7 chin straps that have been sawn with an OD #3 thread (hope there not

Default M1 Schlueter WWII helmet

Here is an M1 Schlueter front seam swivel bail helmet. I believe it would date around late 1943 to 1944 due to the OD #7 chin straps that have been sawn with an OD #3 thread (hope there not repros). It seams to have the original WWII darker green cork coating. The helmet is non metallic as well as the rim, the only part that is magnetic is the black chin strap buckle and hook. code number 412A with the S.

The liner is Westinghouse and it looks to be an original WWII liner with it's original green coating, lot number D28. The neck strap is marked W-II-009-qm-168/S, P.K.W. Medium. The buttons marked: United Carr. I will have to get a sweat band and leather chin strap to make it complete.

This is my first M1 helmet.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank You
    Skip
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Schlueter WWII helmet   M1 Schlueter WWII helmet  

M1 Schlueter WWII helmet   M1 Schlueter WWII helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images M1 Schlueter WWII helmet  M1 Schlueter WWII helmet  M1 Schlueter WWII helmet 

?

Default Re: M1 Schlueter WWII helmet

Nice one skip! At least with a Schlueter it has to be WW2.
    The chinstraps look a bit new, but if you look at the bales the paint has not worn off where they would rub in use, so I think they match the helmet. I'm sure others will comment either way but I think they are OK, though the photos will not enlarge for a better look.
    It's a shame the liner has been stripped, people are stripping them out to sell the parts for a few extra dollars. Maddening.
    Nice first MI, careful though these are addictive!
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: M1 Schlueter WWII helmet

Thank you aj4010, yes that's right. People destroy history just to collect a couple of dollars more. They don't
    think for a second about the individuals who went through a murderess time just to satisfy there greed.