Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

M1 Schuleter refurb

Article about: hi steve its looking real nice and to think how it first looked is an amazing transformation ,well done sir

?

Hi Steve, I am sure other's here will give you a clearer idea but when doing them myself I try to look at as many close up pics of originals as I can before hand focusing on the bale and strap joining itself. Then match the fold, Tack it with a pin and start the stitch. I know originals were machine done but plenty of originals were re done, Period repaired by hand. I don't think there is an actual regulation on the fold length etc but could be wrong, Like said I just match by eye and it usually turns out okay. Best of luck pal! Can't wait to see this one finished! Cheers, Sean. EDIT. I have attached a pic below similar to what I was describing.

M1 Schuleter refurb

Thanks Sean, looks the way to go, need to have one last push here with this get the straps on , reveal the rim , get a net and decal, now which ones? so many to pic, Captain Miller yes the film inspired me but not for this helmet something simple will do, next up the liner, if you thought the helmet was a challenge wait until you see this.

So nearly there guys, get the straps on and sourced a net from the states hopefully final pictures tomorrow, close up of the weave on straps and net , straps as i have said wrong shade but late war OD7, new old stock, dont know much about the nets but again sold as period.
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb

?

It's really moving on buddy, you could always age the straps to fade the colour out a bit,look forward to seeing more stages of completion

Net looks fine Steve,typical British 18x18 small mesh net,good buy overall,can't wait for the finished product.........

Cheers guys, just looking for a bloody large needle and some plasters, oh decided to leave this one decal free. just quick thought the liner do you reckon i should keep it as part of this thread or one of its own?.

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Cheers guys, just looking for a bloody large needle and some plasters, oh decided to leave this one decal free. just quick thought the liner do you reckon i should keep it as part of this thread or one of its own?.
    I reckon you should incorporate the liner into this thread, good luck Steve

cheers buddie, will do.

Tried the net did not like it, i will use it for another project, so this may just be it guys, straps on rim cleaned and it started to rain, not sure if i am happy with it or not.
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb

WOW Steve its good mate nothing not to be proud of there my son,done a grand job indeed,im impressed a lot,luv the heavy corking,so reminiscent of an "S" POT,well done nothing else to add.......

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast