Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M1 shell?

Article about: Hello To All, I am trying to help someone ID a M1 helmet . I believe it is a Schlueter . It looks like a Schlueter helmet and it also has a big S above the heat lot stamp. The # is 471A but

?

Default M1 shell?

Hello To All,
    I am trying to help someone ID a M1 helmet . I believe it is a Schlueter . It looks like a Schlueter helmet and it also has a big S above the heat lot stamp. The # is 471A but it is a rear seam helmet. Would that Lot# and rear seam this put it in the 1944 time frame or is this a post WW2 M1 helmet?
    Thanks
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Default Re: M1 shell?

As far as is known, Shleueter did not make any helmets after 1945. It's not possible at the moment to date these by the heatstamps, though there is a lot of effort being put into working them out as regards a timeline. If yours is rear seam, therefore 1944 to 1945 would be correct.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Thank You Andy
    Semper Fi
    Phil

any pictures phil

?

I'm trying to see if I can get some pic's of the Heat stamp and the S also pic's of the tack welds of the rim Colonel!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil