Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 snow camo medic helmet

Article about: hi forum found this pic of medic with snow camo lid,can anyone tell me what was the reason for doing this?the reason i asked was if the shell was done to blend in with the snow putting red x

Default M1 snow camo medic helmet

hi forum found this pic of medic with snow camo lid,can anyone tell me what was the reason for doing this?the reason i asked was if the shell was done to blend in with the snow putting red x's on would make it stand out,or was it so german snipers could identify red on white background easier and not shoot under geneva convention or was that really a miff too?
    Attached Images Attached Images M1 snow camo medic helmet 

?

Default Re: M1 snow camo medic helmet

I believe that there were no standard paint jobs for medic helmets until very late in the war. Therefore, there is a huge variation in types. Whitewashed helmets were used, but I think it was because the medic just wanted to be more visible, as it was found that German troops in the ETO generally respected the Geneva Convention.

M1 snow camo medic helmet

Best Regards,

Andy

Edit. It was probably easier to do as well, rather than fussing about centering crosses in circles/squares too!

Default Re: M1 snow camo medic helmet

cheers andy trust you to have a white wash pic too haha,both nice pics,dave.