Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1 usa question

Article about: HELLO COLLECTORS I'm not a connoisseur of American equipment goes to the shell of the helmet. The helmet should be the W.W.II. but I'm not sure what is your opinion? The helmet has an edge j

Default M1 usa question

HELLO COLLECTORS

I'm not a connoisseur of American equipment goes to the shell of the helmet.
    The helmet should be the W.W.II. but I'm not sure what is your opinion?
    The helmet has an edge jointed front and or have had helmets stamps as a German?

What is your opinion?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 usa  question   M1 usa  question  

M1 usa  question   M1 usa  question  

Default Re: M1 usa question

If this is an authentic U.S. M1 shell and not a euro clone, the front seam is a good indication that it is WWII vintage. Check for a heat stamp... it'll be located on the inside of the shell just up from the seam.

Appears to be a late war flex bale shell. Possibly a repaint.

In the front, on the inside, there is a heat stamp. Have a look and show us the picture. While you are at it, take a pic of the chinstrap as well. Especially the buckle and hook.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 03-12-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling

?

Definitely an American WW2 shell by the look of it, and as said finding the heatstamp under the peak will help a lot. I'll take a guess it's had a Euro refurb. It's had a repaint for sure. I cant see the chinstraps well, but they dont look much like the American weave from what I can see.

M1 usa  questionM1 usa  question
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for the responses, friends collectors.

According to your responses leads me to conclude that it is for the American helmet from the second war.
    Am I right?

?

Quote by WIDMANN View Post
    Thanks for the responses, friends collectors.

According to your responses leads me to conclude that it is for the American helmet from the second war.
    Am I right?
    Yes, the steel pot is for sure.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks aj4010 for the quick reply.

My English is not the best so I apologize everything I didn't understand what you've written ...

Thank you all for the comments.

Personally I would have passed on this one and tried to get a better more original one.....I.M.H.O......Jake.