Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 w/ Camo Netting for Review!

Article about: by Danmark Good one Joe!! Apartment getting crowded now I guess - any spare storage rooms on campus? Cheers, Dan LOL, thanks Dan! I have plentyyyy of extra space

Default Re: M1 w/ Camo Netting for Review!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Good one Joe!! Apartment getting crowded now I guess - any spare storage rooms on campus?
    Cheers, Dan
    LOL, thanks Dan! I have plentyyyy of extra space

Very nice joe indeed,I think the USMC is korean period,as EGA stamps generally were not added until 1953,check if it has the BLUE ANCHOR STAMP on the reverse side?that will confirm it,regards minnie,I could be completely wrong regarding the EGA but this has always been the general consensus among collectors,still very cool lids my friend.regards minnie.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Very nice joe indeed,I think the USMC is korean period,as EGA stamps generally were not added until 1953,check if it has the BLUE ANCHOR STAMP on the reverse side?that will confirm it,regards minnie,I could be completely wrong regarding the EGA but this has always been the general consensus among collectors,still very cool lids my friend.regards minnie.
    Thanks! I checked each of the flaps on the cover and I can't find any markings. I'm just going to go with a late WWII era cover reissued/ stamp added for Korea!

Well that sounds about right joe as korea was the recycle war,so WW2 2nd pattern with slits re-issued postwar with EGA added,still great buy wish i could just pop round someone's home and take first pic of the litter,looks like you were spoilt for choice indeed,luv the pics you addedbrill regards minnie.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Well that sounds about right joe as korea was the recycle war,so WW2 2nd pattern with slits re-issued postwar with EGA added,still great buy wish i could just pop round someone's home and take first pic of the litter,looks like you were spoilt for choice indeed,luv the pics you addedbrill regards minnie.
    He gave me these two lids "for a song", but he had so much more available. I wish I had more cash on me! He showed me the first medic helmets and paratrooper helmets I had ever seen in person. He was showing me all the different nuances to all the different liners... different colored A washers are from different periods of the war, etc. He had a stack of hawley liners, etc!

Wow nice Joe I would have loved to see the USMC uniforms in person

He had quite the collection, Ben! He had dossiers on each Marine who wore those uniforms... I distinctly remember a page in each dossier that had a diagram of a body and would list in detail the wounds that each Marine suffered from combat.

A bit obsessive, but very cool none the less..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Lol... I agree, Steve! His collection made my head spin!

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    A bit obsessive, but very cool none the less..........!
    NEVER TO OBSESSIVE!!! lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast