Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?

Article about: Hello I bought this helmet and I am not shure about First to the shell It was made in WW2 rearseam ,but the number is too much overpainted It was Painted 3 Times first standart second Signal

Default M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?

Hello
    I bought this helmet and I am not shure about
    First to the shell
    It was made in WW2 rearseam ,but the number is too much overpainted
    It was Painted 3 Times first standart second Signalgrey(i think Navy) and 3rd Camo with light green, Grey and Darkgreen
    It remember me to the USMC camoflagestyle
    The liner is in bad condition made by Inland with wearers name on the front

What say the experts to this helmet and too the camoflage
    Is it original, from which decade or is it postwar made
    I can remove the colour , but before I want an second opinion
    I am very thankful for all comments and Ideas
    Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?   M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?  

M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?   M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?  

M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?   M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?  

IMO it has been painted a couple of times post war. The liner is a WWII liner but the condition is beyond salvage. Look for a lid in better condition.
    I posted a late war helmet a few days ago. Good late war example with a post war leather chin strap.

M1 McCord Late 1944 chin strap question please

John

Hello
    Thank you a lot
    I thought that it was a good thing but that was not the case
    A week ago I found a real Schlueter frontseam
    I want to remove the colour to see the WW2 Colour
    Best regards
    Bavarian

Default News to this M1

Update to this helmet!!!!!
    After I removed the postwar colour this white paint came to light
    It is like Wintercamo on german helmets but I am not shure

In the shell and on the liner rests of this is to see
    Red particles like a cross for medic is visible under the white and some WW2 paint is visible
    What say the experts? Is it true?
    I am very thankful for ideas and comments
    Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?   M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?  

M1 WW2 helmet with Inlandliner original Camo?  

I'm not convinced the helmet is WW2 manufacture. The swivel bales fitting doesn't look like any of mine. The "depth" of the dome looks more like a post war euro clone to me? The liner, although in poor shape does look ok.

The Shell is WW2 rear seam and the shell is high enough for the WW2 liner(problems to take it complete inside by a helmet of postwarmanufacture)
    And the bales seems to be like my Schlueter FS M1 shell
    Best regards
    Bavarian