Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951

Article about: Hi guys here I have a para liner that was produced at the outbreak of the Korean War. It is CAPAC manufactured and 1951 dated. It has been repainted and rigged up with 1964 dated leather swe

Default M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951

Hi guys here I have a para liner that was produced at the outbreak of the Korean War. It is CAPAC manufactured and 1951 dated. It has been repainted and rigged up with 1964 dated leather sweatband (2 different soldiers names on it) and nape strap and so appears to have seen service into the 1960s. This liner seems to be a bit of a grey area in collecting with collectors saying they are rigger modified or faked. I own 3 of these liners now and have seen others in other collections but don't get a mention in Mark Reynosa's book on post WW2 M1 helmets. ruddersrangers44 (Jake) has corresponded with Mark Reynosa about it but will leave it to Jake to tell that story here if he so wishes (I hope you do ). Anyway I got to speaking to Jake about a book called 'Steel Pots' by Chris Armold as there was a picture and good mention about these CAPAC liners and asked Jake if he had seen this book. He like myself had never noticed this section in the book about them crazy I know anyway in a quest to find out more about these liners I went looking for Chris Armold online and actually caught him up on Facebook (stalker alert ) got chatting on messenger for well over an hour with him and he's a very nice guy and he told me to say hi to all the Brit collectors I asked about whether these were rigger modified liners but he adamantly said no and that these were definitely factory manufactured and that he had blue prints and specs on these liners. I have included a screen shot of the conversation with Chris Armold about these blue prints and specs. I will badger him over the next couple of days for these specs so if I get them I will post up
    Thanks for looking guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951   M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951  

M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951   M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951  

M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951   M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951  

Another nice M1C liner Ian!!!!! and nice work with contacting someone that has some documentary proof of these Capac liners!!...... (Stalking) I call that networking!!! haha
    anyway here's a few pics of my P64 linered M1C....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951   M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951  

M1C CAPAC liner Korean War era 1951  

I've lost count of how many M1Cs I have now but a WW2 era one is the dream

Ive noticed liners are moving up in price too, shells seem plentyful but ww2 liners are getting trickier in all formats.

Jeez where to start.firstly always remember differant authors all have a differant approach when researching a subject.MR spent 20 years studying the "steel pot" and only wrote tangible facts.during his time compiling the "post war M1 Helmet" no official US government issued contracts were ever found relaying to these "Capac Airborne or type 11 Liners.so this is purely why there not listed,however that or should i say Mark never actually said that they were purely ghosts.also one theory go's that when the CMC (Capac Manufacturing Corporation)took over the old Capac building in 1957,which incidently had no ties with the Capac MFG of WW2 and Korea,its possible that surplus stocks of KW Liners,may of been stock piled and re-worked at local level through the QM (quarter masters) rather than any official US contract being issued hence why no evidence was discovered,but when Mark Bando put me onto a top guy at USMC who's specialty is A/B Liners he was a 100% believer that these Liners were factory made but just in small numbers and again maybe something done through the QM,these have jumped (no pun intended) ten fold in cost and value,there becoming something of a rarity,maybe because Ian has them all Lol.keep these examples Ian,as it will become more difficult to replace with time,and thanks for mentioning me to CA feel like a celeb.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Ive noticed liners are moving up in price too, shells seem plentyful but ww2 liners are getting trickier in all formats.
    Yeah the price of liners seem to be going up from all eras of production. It's getting harder and harder to find a bargain now but they are still there to be found

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Jeez where to start.firstly always remember differant authors all have a differant approach when researching a subject.MR spent 20 years studying the "steel pot" and only wrote tangible facts.during his time compiling the "post war M1 Helmet" no official US government issued contracts were ever found relaying to these "Capac Airborne or type 11 Liners.so this is purely why there not listed,however that or should i say Mark never actually said that they were purely ghosts.also one theory go's that when the CMC (Capac Manufacturing Corporation)took over the old Capac building in 1957,which incidently had no ties with the Capac MFG of WW2 and Korea,its possible that surplus stocks of KW Liners,may of been stock piled and re-worked at local level through the QM (quarter masters) rather than any official US contract being issued hence why no evidence was discovered,but when Mark Bando put me onto a top guy at USMC who's specialty is A/B Liners he was a 100% believer that these Liners were factory made but just in small numbers and again maybe something done through the QM,these have jumped (no pun intended) ten fold in cost and value,there becoming something of a rarity,maybe because Ian has them all Lol.keep these examples Ian,as it will become more difficult to replace with time,and thanks for mentioning me to CA feel like a celeb.
    Hi Jake just been speaking to Chris Armold earlier on and he has promised me when he gets back from his tour of Europe he will get that documentation out for me to see

This is so like the old Parish debate of WW2,did they or didn't they,but they did but only in small numbers,i've seen the contracts all dated march-april 45,lets hope Chris comes good on the intel.

And just for the record i don't actually own any M1'C's,sad case i am Lol.

The thing I find unusual is that the first CAPAC and Westinghouse liners for ground troops have the green A washers on the suspension but the CAPAC para liners of the same period are the blackened type so why would they use two separate coloured A washers just another question to throw into the mix.

I've only ever seen black steel A washers on Westinghouse Liners 1951-1954,however Capac generally also used Black but did use O/D painted steel as i own one,just one.!