Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M3 Flak Helmet For Review

Article about: I went to a local antique shop that has a rather large militaria section. Photos of the shop: I walked out with this M3 FLAK helmet for \\$150. I figure with the upcoming miniseries on the 8th

Default Re: M3 Flak Helmet For Review

where the 3 m1 helmets i saw in the photos any good?

I only saw 2 and they were post war
    chris

korean or vietnam? price?

Quote by patches3 View Post
    where the 3 m1 helmets i saw in the photos any good?
    Not sure... The store had thousands of items, all stacked ontop of each other with very little organization.... I have a feeling some were good and some had a mix of wartime and post WWII components. It would have been impossible to check out everything.

Nice find Joe,personally I much prefer the M3 to the M5,yours just has that look about nice and original...........Jake

?

What kind of German helmets he had in his store and what were his prices on them? Thx.

Thanks, Jake! When I picked it off the shelf I was happy to see that it appeared mostly unmessed-with. With the exception of the missing ear pads, the flocking is at like 90% on the inside. There are traces of flock on the outside... It looks to have worn away over time.

I've heard stories of people mistaking the flocking for dust/ grime and scrubbing it away.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    What kind of German helmets he had in his store and what were his prices on them? Thx.
    Hi Krisse,

There was a lot in the store... It would have taken me days to evaluate everything. Off the top of my head I remember seeing M35s/40s, M42s, beaded helmets, luftschutz gladiator helmets, and in the display case w the MG42 you can see a paratrooper helmet. I noticed some helmets were missing split pins (so I assume they were missing liners) while others were complete. I have no clue if any of them were authentic. I'm not in the market for another German helmet right now, so I didn't examine any of them. I assume they were overpriced.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Hi Krisse,

There was a lot in the store... It would have taken me days to evaluate everything. Off the top of my head I remember seeing M35s/40s, M42s, beaded helmets, luftschutz gladiator helmets, and in the display case w the MG42 you can see a paratrooper helmet. I noticed some helmets were missing split pins (so I assume they were missing liners) while others were complete. I'm not in the market for another German helmet right now, so I didn't examine any of them. I assume they were overpriced.
    Thank you Joe,

if you are at some day again in that store or so, could you please check it out for me?

Thanks again,

Kris. :-)

Of course, Kris!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast