Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Marine Helmet Covers

Article about: I'm having a general clean/inspection of my cases, some of which have not been opened for a while. I have a couple of Marine covers, and I would like to run them past the forum for evaluatio

?

Default Marine Helmet Covers

I'm having a general clean/inspection of my cases, some of which have not been opened for a while. I have a couple of Marine covers, and I would like to run them past the forum for evaluation as regards authenticity. I think they are OK, but they have never been shown before. Just the meat and bones here regarding authenticity, the stitching. The photos will enlarge quite well.
    I will post the complete lids soon.
    Comments welcome.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine Helmet Covers   Marine Helmet Covers  

Marine Helmet Covers   Marine Helmet Covers  

Marine Helmet Covers   Marine Helmet Covers  

Marine Helmet Covers  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: Marine Helmet Covers

all look good to me mate very nice indeed

just looking closer at the one below is this a post war 1950's version ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine Helmet Covers  

?

Is that blood or rust?

?

rust wrong colour to be blood !

?

Quote by NickD View Post

Spot on Nick, you nailed it.

Andy

- - Updated - -

Quote by thekid View Post
    Is that blood or rust?
    It's just rust.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by NickD View Post

I forgot to ask. How can you tell?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

the stitching looked wrong to be WW2 so i compared it to my 1950's cover & see it looked the same so that's why i asked

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    the stitching looked wrong to be WW2 so i compared it to my 1950's cover & see it looked the same so that's why i asked
    You just cant beat having one to hand for reference, that's for sure. Pics one and three are the 1950's cover. The WW2 helmet I received as a birthday "gift" from the US.
    Here is a nasty flash photo of it until I get enough time/motivation/weather to do some photography. Notice the cover has not been cut to put the straps through, but folded.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine Helmet Covers  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]