MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Marine M1 1950's Era

Article about: I've had a second pattern Marine camo cover on display for a while, but it was on a 60's lid, which was bugging me. It does have an EGA, but it's more visible on the "beach" side.

?

Default Marine M1 1950's Era

I've had a second pattern Marine camo cover on display for a while, but it was on a 60's lid, which was bugging me. It does have an EGA, but it's more visible on the "beach" side.
    I saw this helmet, and thought it was more of it's era. What is unusual about this one is that someone has recently chiseled/sawn off the Colonels bird, I can only assume for a couple of dollars of silver. I am thinking that this may be a refurbed fixed bale, but the heatstamp is a little ambiguous. Any ideas?

Marine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's Era

The liner is dual stamped Westinghouse and Capac 51/52. The chinstraps have the early green clips at the top, with the straps themselves having been replaced with later mid 60's anchor stamped one(s)

Marine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's Era

The cover has a stencil on it, I can't make out what it says.

Marine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's Era

I decided to put a 1951 dated cold weather cap with it after looking an Korean War era photographs. These caps are inexpensive, and I think add something to a helmet display.

Marine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's EraMarine M1 1950's Era

It's not bugging me so much now. (except for thos 60's straps!)
    Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Andy

Default Re: Marine M1 1950's Era

Me criticise never mate very nice indeed fixed bale refurb,I luv the split pin holding the A washer nice touch,keep looking for a green set maybe rare but they do appear sometimes thanks for showing Andy.......Jake.

?

Thanks Jake. I've seen a few, but they've all had helmets attached!

Andy

The liner is CAPAC 1953 just for the record mate,forgot to mention the cover 2nd pattern if only they wern't so damm expensive especially after seeing the pacific hbo series got the bug a bit me thinks......Jake.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    The liner is CAPAC 1953 just for the record mate,forgot to mention the cover 2nd pattern if only they wern't so damm expensive especially after seeing the pacific hbo series got the bug a bit me thinks......Jake.
    I was lucky enough to pick that one up well before all of that HBO nonsense!

Andy

fantastic helmet i like it !

?

Thank you jumpingjank.

Andy

?

very nice mate such a shame about the removal of the insignia who ever removed must of been oblivious to the fact the helmet would have been worth more if it had been left alone

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    very nice mate such a shame about the removal of the insignia who ever removed must of been oblivious to the fact the helmet would have been worth more if it had been left alone
    Thanks Nick,

Yup, it would have been a great stand alone piece were it not for some clown.

Andy