MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Marine M1's

Article about: My case cleaning/inspections continue, so here are a couple of Marine M1's. The first is a WW2 rig with a Seaman liner, front seam swivel bale pot with an 841 heatstamp, which I believe date

?

Default Marine M1's

My case cleaning/inspections continue, so here are a couple of Marine M1's. The first is a WW2 rig with a Seaman liner, front seam swivel bale pot with an 841 heatstamp, which I believe dates it to early 1944. This is one of my favorites, it came as a complete set. No ID unfortunately. It has had a very interesting history even after it (eventually) came into my possession.

The second is a rather battered example with the EGA to the front depicting a Korean War era vintage set. The cover is not original to the helmet, it was added for display only. Still, she looks like a "been there" one indeed, bless her.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine M1's   Marine M1's  

Marine M1's   Marine M1's  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: Marine M1's

very nice andy i see you have the same liner as me in the second helmet,1962 marmac industries,fantastic covers as well,cheers dave.

?

Default Re: Marine M1's

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    very nice andy i see you have the same liner as me in the second helmet,1962 marmac industries,fantastic covers as well,cheers dave.
    Thanks Dave. Yup, the lid under there was "borrowed" from my early Vietnam display when I got the "Korean" cover. Well spotted!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]