Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 liner

Article about: Hi Guys, hopefully I have learnt something from this great site, so here goes. I picked up a LAW 72 and what I think is a WW2 front seam fixed bail Mc Cord , looks like 252A heat stamp , no

?

Default Mc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 liner

Hi Guys, hopefully I have learnt something from this great site, so here goes. I picked up a LAW 72 and Mc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerMc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerMc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerMc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerMc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerMc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerMc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerMc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerMc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerMc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 linerwhat I think is a WW2 front seam fixed bail Mc Cord , looks like 252A heat stamp , no stress cracks and W eddell SC139003 Giroux po written in marker.
    Liner is a CMC 61 52 made by Capac in 1961, head band has info on it but I cant figure it out. Someone wrote Plunder Rape Maim Kill in blue on the front of the liner, digger and what I think is a Canadian SIN in pencil. The chinstraps look newer , can anyone fill me in on these please . Was this helmet issued early Vietnam war. Thanks for your help !! Neil.

The shell has the original texture but I think it has been repainted for re-issue in Korea. The chinstraps are of the last type I think, from the late 1970's - early 1980's. A fine example of a WW2 M1 shell that has been used and upgraded for another 40 years. The liner seems to be original for its period, unfortunately I can't read the date on the headband (right after 'DSA 100-??).

To upgrade to an early Vietnam-issue helmet you'll only need to add an early Mitchell-pattern helmet cover and either OD green stitched-on chinstraps, or the more common ones with metal clip; the latter ones aren't hard to find and are clipped on in 2 minutes.

I agree with earlymb the helmet has had a repaint. Not sure that they would have used a fixed bale helmet into the 70's and I'm sure those chin straps have just been added. I own and have seen WW2 shells that are swivel bale that a have multiple coats of various green OD paints with post WW2 straps. Those chin straps in my opinion have just been added, I could be wrong. Some Korean/Vietnam era straps would look good on your helmet as they would compliment the 60s era liner better. The liner is fantastic, it is a CAPAC liner and in 1961 they had dropped using the inlaid labels to indetify their liners and stamped in CMC with the year 61. You don't see the CMC marked CAPAC liners very often and I only own one myself. These were the last contracts for CAPAC not long after the company went under due to investor problems. Thanks for showing

Here is my CMC marked liner but still has the old CAPAC in a cross logo as well. I would love a nice plain CMC marked one to go in my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 liner   Mc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 liner  

Mc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 liner   Mc Cord m1 front seam fixed bail with cmc 61 liner  

?

Hi Redstalker, When I sell it you get first dibs. !!! I was in Liverpool , actually Port Sunlight in January.

I would love a nice plain CMC marked one to go in my collection [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't we all.!

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I would love a nice plain CMC marked one to go in my collection
    Wouldn't we all.![/QUOTE]

Jake

Quote by CAnnUK View Post
    Hi Redstalker, When I sell it you get first dibs. !!! I was in Liverpool , actually Port Sunlight in January.
    You better sell it to Jake

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    Not sure that they would have used a fixed bale helmet into the 70's and I'm sure those chin straps have just been added.
    I have seen several original Vietnam-era pics where they clearly wear fixed bale shells, often even with the original khaki or green sewn chinstraps still in place. IIRC they were worn by ARVN's mostly so these might have been from a batch sold to RVN and they didn't bother to upgrade them first.

?

I picked up another M1 WW2 fixed bale front seam WW2 chinstrap back in December also an odd mix. It has what I think is a CMP stamp but the webbing is marked with a 1945 date. It has a USMC cover and a camo band , I will post it soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast