Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

McCord Front Seam Swivel Bail helmet

Article about: It would be a Westinghouse liner- the most common out of all liners for WWII M1's.

Wink McCord Front Seam Swivel Bail helmet

This is my McCord front seam swivel bale helmet. The heat stamp is 866C. The bales have khaki chinstraps, with a flat buckle. The liner is a Westinghouse liner with khaki HBT Webbing, which is complete(It does have a repro sweatband) The liner also has an early green buckle leather chinstrap.

Last edited by Vonschrader; 02-13-2012 at 10:26 PM.

?

Default Re: McCord Front Seam Swivel Bail helmet

why will you only post pictures once the date has been identified ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    why will you only post pictures once the date has been identified ?
    Dunno...I guess all you need to identify is the stamp, which I just need to write out. I could post pictures soon here if you'd like though.

?

it'll be nice to see the condition of the lid has been reissued is it in original condition pictures help allot

from the number you have given i sounds like a post war M-1 as its a very high number if that's the case an accurate date will not be possible.

Quote by NickD View Post
    it'll be nice to see the condition of the lid has been reissued is it in original condition pictures help allot

from the number you have given i sounds like a post war M-1 as its a very high number if that's the case an accurate date will not be possible.
    Atm, I am on the hunt for my high quality camera. I also found a bright flashlight, and noticed the heat stamp was really 866C on the helmet. Does that make it an older helmet? The reason why I kept getting confused was that the heat stamp was stamped upside down -.-

?

OK with a number like that you're looking at a rough manufacture date of about march 1944.

Quote by NickD View Post
    OK with a number like that you're looking at a rough manufacture date of about march 1944.
    Thanks a bunch! I will be posting photos in a few- uploading them right now. My question is, how did you figure out the date?

?

there's a chart in the book i have HELMETS OF THE ETO that's been complied by collectors that can be used to help date WW2 manufactured McCord made M-1's a book i recommend if you're thinking about collecting M-1's

I'll definitely need to get that, thanks again!

?

thanks for adding pics it looks to be a very nice late WW2 M-1 do you know the make of the liner if your unsure of how to find this out have a look here Rough guide to the US M-1 liner & makers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast