Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

medic helmet

Article about: Ok I need help, good or bad please tell me. I bought this medic helmet off ebay. I know I should have posted here first . Heat stamp of i2525 which puts the helmet to the end of 45 to first

O Dear indeed im afraid,hope you didn't pay tooooooooooooooooooo much the shell was made by Ingersoll which was principal Helmet producer between 1965-1967 they had 6 contracts for the Vietnam war effort,a total fake,it looks good even down to the cork...............sorry bro.
    With Regards Jake.

i agree, even if this is a medic hemet the REP 5 i think it is in the first photo wouldnt be there. i only remember seeing REP on navy lids

I guess the heat stamp doesn't lie. The helmet color matches my ww2 fixed bale and swivel bails and the cork looks go. The inside color even matches and is not that ugly pea green. Oh well, I pulled the trigger and got bit. $147.00 to fill an empty spot on the shelf. I feel thats it's been painted for awhile, but you know what I had better stop assuming anything we see where that got me. Marty
    Last edited by tank destroyer; 12-05-2013 at 03:23 AM.

So sorry Marty like you said should have posted first mate,thats what we are all here for,any way of reclaiming back the cash?..........
    With Regards Jake.

No it was sold with no return accepted. I really hate to waste money but it does look pretty good. I guess it will fill a empty spot until I can get a real one. Thanks, marty

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    No it was sold with no return accepted. I really hate to waste money but it does look pretty good. I guess it will fill a empty spot until I can get a real one. Thanks, marty
    I'd still give myself the satisfaction of sending the seller a note letting him know Exactly what kind of fake he screwed you over with and let him know that you Don't appreciate being taken advantage of-return policy or no.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    If it was described as a WW II medics helmet then it was misrepresented. If you used pay pal file a complaint. You will get your money back regardless of whether the seller doesn't accept returns.

Thanks for the advice I will email him and let you know. Marty

Ok, First The helmet seam is in the rear... It should be in the front... NO GOOD. Second The paint, It was done over the pitting. The pitting would have made the paint chip, someone tried to make this look old. SORRY TO SPREAD THE BAD NEWS. SEND IT BACK.

REGARDS,

You can get your money back through paypal. Then you get a free helmet. Since the seller does not accept returns!!!! ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY ON EBAY WITH A FORUM LIKE THIS ONE THESE GUYS AND MAYBE GALS KNOW ALOT.

Regards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast